Thursday, January 6, 2011

Changing face of Singapore's society


My view :

Because I have been living on this land for all my life, I love and cherish Singapore. When it comes to the topic on changing faces of Singapore, things that came running into my mind is how my grandma used to tell me about Singapore filled with kampongs and what I see now is everything being so urbanised and occupied with machineries. Yes, Singapore is indeed a well-developed country now with constant advancement and creative technologies. I can remember how happy my grandma was when she told me about her kampong carefree life; however, if now I am to ask a stranger how is his life, I can just sum whatever he said to one word, ‘busy’ – always anxious about our economic prospects. People nowadays work so hard to help improve Singapore’s economy that they skipped their time to relax and enjoy; there is always a lost to a gain.

However as Singapore advances, technology gives us an opportunity to interact, learn and live with other citizens on the other side of the world. My grandma use to write letters and now all we need to do is email. My grandma use to walk to find her friends and now all we need is a MRT to take us where we want to go.
Not only there is a major improvement in technology for Singapore, there is also a major increase of people in Singapore. The government may feel that there is necessary to integrate new immigrants but I believe that it is heart landers, the everyday Singaporeans who will play the biggest role in changing Singapore’s society and economy to aid Singapore’s growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment