Thursday, January 6, 2011

How does Pop Music affect Teens

In this modern world, music has become an essential part of people’s life. We listen to music almost every day, whether we are happy, sad or tired. People listen to different types of music depending on their mood. For example, people listen to songs with faster tempo when they are happy and listen to slow songs when they are relaxed.
Personally, pop music is my favourite. I listen to pop music almost every day and even sing along with the melody. Like many teens, I do think that listening to pop music can help me to pass time. It allows me to enjoy myself whenever I have nothing to do or feeling bored. It can also calm me down whenever I am feeling angry and console me when I am feeling sad.
Pop music has not only accompanied me throughout my teenage years, some of the lyrics of songs have also been etched on my mind. Those motivational words used in the making of the music have inspired me to stand up when I fall and work hard to achieve my goals. But it is not always that positive. Some pop music has negative effect as these music made people believe in living in hedonism, or resort to violent.
Pop music has a huge influence on teenagers. As teenagers are looking for a sense of identity, they are easily influence by their pop idol. For instance, teens imitate their idols’ actions. They also dress like their idol as they feel that it is cool.
Pop music also brings teens together. Youths who listen to the same music have a common topic to talk about. As such, they will forge better friendship with one another. However, pop music can also bring about disagreement among friends. As different people may have different opinion about a particular song.
Music, being a regular companion for teenagers and people of all ages, pop music can affect an individual positively as well as negatively. It has the power to connect, calm and motivate people. However, it can be detrimental if a teen spends too much time listening to pop music and following his idol and neglect his studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment